Frequently Asked Questions
Click on any of the category links below to see the answers to some of our most common questions.
1. How do I place an order?
2. May I place an order online?
3. What methods of payment do you accept?
4. How long does it take to process my order?
5. When will my credit card be charged?
6. Do I have to pay sales tax on my order?
7. How can I check the status of my order?
8. Can I cancel my order?
9. What is my order number?
10. What happens when an item that I order is on back-order?
11. Do you offer gift-wrapping?
12. If I send a gift, will the recipient know how much I paid for it?
We offer 3 convenient ways to place an order…
1. By Phone: Call 1-800-713-0493, 24 hours a day.
2. By Mail: Send your completed order form, related coupons, and payment to
Gavilan Hills, CA 92599
3. By Fax: 1-951-943-5574, 24 hours a day.
Sorry. We are not accepting orders online at this time.
- Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover credit cards are accepted for telephone, fax, and mail orders.
- Personal checks or money orders are accepted for mail orders only.
- Please NEVER send cash.
- We also accept gift certificates and any promotional coupons or discounts issued by Gavilan's. Please be sure to check each offer for expiration date and terms before redeeming.
Standard processing time is one to three days. However, delays in processing can occur if we are missing necessary order information such as the color, style, or size of an item or if there are any problems with payment. In the event that we need further information to process your order, we will attempt to contact you by phone if a number is provided.
If paying by credit card, your card will be charged when the order is processed.
Sales tax is applicable on any orders that are shipped to California. Please note that according to California law sales tax must be calculated using the total amount of your merchandise plus any fees other than shipping.
Need help calculating the sales tax for your order? Click here to use our California sales tax chart.
To inquire about the status of your order, contact Customer Service with your last name, zip code, and approximately when you placed the order.
- Call 1-800-777-0327, 7:00 am to 4:30 pm Pacific Time, Monday through Friday.
- Email us by clicking here
Due to the high volume of orders that we receive every day, it is not possible to cancel or change an order that you place through the mail. If you place your order by telephone, we may be able to make same-day adjustments if your order has not yet been processed.
Your order number is located below the company name in the upper left-hand corner of your packing slip. If you have not yet received your package, your order can be identified by your zip code and last name.
In the unlikely event that an item you order is not immediately available, we'll make a notation on your packing slip. In rare instances when the delay will exceed 30 days, we will also send a separate notice. Any back-ordered items will be shipped as soon as they become available.
When an available item is similar to the one you ordered and provides an equal or greater value, we sometimes are able to make a substitution. When placing an order, please let us know if a substitution is not acceptable.
If at any time you would like to cancel the back-ordered item, we will happily issue a refund for the item. To check on the status of a back-ordered item or to cancel the item for a refund, please call Customer Service at 1-800-777-0327, 7:00 am to 4:30 pm Pacific Time, Monday through Friday, or email us by clicking here.
For an additional charge, you can have most items wrapped in elegant paper, with ribbon and bow. This service is available on phone orders only. Please give our operator your instructions.
No. The recipient will receive a packing slip detailing the items enclosed, but no prices will be shown.